Kids today need all the help they can get to stay in shape and live a healthy lifestyle. Roller skating provides a great way for them to exercise.
What do your kids love to do?
- Hang out with their friends
- Listen to music
- Play games
Our rink provides all their favorite activities – and best of all they will receive a full aerobic workout!
SKATING + MUSIC + FRIENDS = AMAZING CARDIO!
- Studies have shown that roller skating provides a complete aerobic workout and involves all of the body’s muscles, especially the heart.
- Roller skating is equivalent to jogging in terms of health benefits, caloric consumption, reduction of body fat, and leg strength development.
- Roller skating is recognized and recommended by the American Heart Association as an aerobic fitness sport.
- According to a study conducted at the University of Massachusetts, skating causes less than 50 percent of the impact shock to joints compared to running.
- If someone roller skates one day, bicycles another, and swims or runs on another, the person will be getting all the fitness benefits that aerobics can offer.
- During a 30-minute period, on average, skating at a steady, comfortable rate expends 285 calories and produces a heart rate of 148 beats per minute.
- Information obtained from Roller Skating Association International www.rollerskating.org
- For more ideas to keep your children healthy please visit: http://www.smartspot.com/kids
Q. Is parent supervision required? A. Parents are not required to stay with their children, but are welcome to stay and have some fun as well. The rink is always supervised, however, please remember this is not a day care facility. Q. Is safety equipment required? A. No. Skating indoors provides a smooth, clean, well-maintained skating surface. Because it remains in a controlled environment, the skating area is free of debris and obstacles, eliminating high risk factors for injury. The use of helmets, knee, & elbow pads is optional. Q. Is skating indoors safe? A. One of the safest sports and recreational activities for kids of all ages is roller skating indoors! The Consumer Product Safety Commission has found roller skating twice as safe as a local playground and three times safer than a game of basketball or football. SKATE AND PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS.